Cape Town Conference Centres
The City of Cape Town is awash with innovative and extraordinary conference venues that range from venues like the state-of the art Cape Town International Convention Centre to the architectural delights of Cape Dutch homesteads of the Cape Winelands. It is the CTICC, however, that is the runaway success story of Cape Town conference venues.
The Cape Town International Conference Centre – CTICC
Cape Town was recently voted as the preferred destination of international conferences by a UK-based survey company and the CTICC is arguably the catalyst of this graceful affirmation. The traditional big-time conference centres like New York, Dubai and Atlanta have had to bow down to the expertise and pure good looks of our Mother City!
To give you an idea of the explosive influence the five-year-old conference venue has had on the economic well being of the city, in the 2008 financial year R2.7 billion was generated from this single conference venue alone – an 11.1% increase on the year before.
The CTICC is located on the northern foreshore, adjacent to the City entrance of the V&A Waterfront, so it is perfectly positioned for international visitors who generally opt to stay in Cape Town’s flagship marina. The Waterfront boasts some of the most varied waterfront accommodation in Cape Town, from marina apartments to four and five star hotels.
Spatial details of the CTICC
- Two-story gallery that extends the length of the entire centre allowing for the smooth passage of delegates
- Two auditoriums featuring state-of-the-art technology that can accommodate 1500 & 620 delegates respectively
- An exhibition and trade show space of over eleven thousand square metres
- A 2,000m² Grand Ballroom that offers magnificent views of the bustling city and the trademark Table Mountain
- A roof terrace room
- Four meeting rooms for 330 delegates apiece
- 13 meeting suites for 25 delegates each
- 1400 on-site parking bays
Conference venues with a difference
The Mother City is the perfect destination for Cape Town conferences and if the tried and tested traditional venues don’t appeal, have no fear as there are wonderfully unique venues to choose from, two examples being:
- The conference and Exhibition Centre at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- The opulent country estates including Lanzerac Manor, Bartholomeus Klip and the Kleine Zalze Estate.